Ready for a new flavor this summer? Diverge from the same old patties, nuggets and ‘dogs for dinner. Break out this BBQ salmon recipe and watch your summer meal become an instant family or block-party favorite!
These mouth-watering grilled salmon fillets are easy to fire up for a quick summer dinner—indoors or outdoors. You’ll likely want to use a frying pan to preserve more of the flavorful sauce, so this recipe works any time of the year. And with six ingredients, prep time is literally just a few minutes!
- Combine in frying pan: 4 T butter (or coconut oil) and 4 T molasses. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 T grated fresh ginger and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add the juice of 4 limes, 1 T garlic powder and 1 T chipotle powder and mix well. Reduce heat to medium.
- Place your 4 salmon fillets in the pan and cover. Cook 3-5 minutes. Pro tip: Don’t overcook your fish!
- Place fillets on plates or serving platter and pour some of the remaining sauce over each fillet. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve hot with a green salad, sautéed green beans or sweet potato fries.
Total prep and cooking time: 15 minutes or less.
Salmon provides an abundance of delicious lean protein (about 7 grams per ounce!) plus healthful omega-3 essential fatty acids that support both brain and cardio health. Fresh salmon is also a good source of niacin, phosphorus and potassium—important minerals the body needs daily. This recipe offers a great way to eat healthy while enjoying fabulous flavor!
Everyone can use a fresh, new idea now and then. Share this delightfully simple seafood recipe with a friend so he or she can enjoy the tasty benefits of a salmon barbeque too!