Digestion is a process of the body that requires extra care in order to maintain good overall health. Poor eating habits, stress, viral infections, harmful toxins from the environment and excessive antibiotic use can have a negative effect on your digestive system.
Many people suffer constipation and a bloated stomach after meals simply because they have no idea what to eat to help maintain good digestive health. There are many types of food that you can add to your diet to help improve digestive health.
Here are 10 of the best breakfast foods for improving digestive health:
1. Chia seeds help to improve digestive health
Chia seeds are a very rich source of dietary fiber, two tablespoons contain about 10 grams of fiber. Boosting levels of fiber at breakfast time can help reduce bloating and regulate bowel function for the rest of the day. It has also been shown that chia helps to curb hunger and suppress appetite, which can also help maintain a healthy digestive system.
Chia seeds are also an excellent source of omega-3s. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation which helps with inflammatory digestive conditions such as Candida. It has also been shown that omega-3s can help support the proliferation of probiotic bacterial strains in the digestive tract.
• Sprinkle a tablespoon or two onto your cooked oatmeal or add to overnight oats.
• Mix a tablespoon or two of whole seeds into smoothies to add some crunch, or add ground seeds if you prefer.
• Sprinkle a tablespoon or two of the seeds over regular or Greek yogurt for a probiotic boost.
• Chia seeds can be mixed whole or ground into fruit juice.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code